Adirondack Fly Fishing Report 8/1/17
Water Temp Location: Wilmington
• Am: today 63| Lake Everest before light
• Pm: last night 64| Wilmington Dam
• Clarity WB AuSable: good
• AuSable: 605 CFS | above seasonal average
• Saranac River: 1210 CFS | above seasonal average
• Bouquet River: 287 CFS | above seasonal average
Rain: None today
Day: Started overcast, then partly sunny
The Season Continues
Water temps are good right now. The flow is slightly up. As we approach 500 CFS the river will be perfect for some dry fly fishing.
I have been nymphing for most of the season now. The water has been higher than normal. We had many rain storms. So far, the fish rating for this season is good despite the high water. Bigger water does have lots of pockets of walking speed water along the banks where the fish were will take cover.
Here’s a nice brown hooked on a recent guide trip with shop guide John Ruff.
Join Our Mailing List
Get exclusive ADK stories sent right to your inbox!